Frequently asked questions
1. Can pregnant women consume Enemon Slim?
In essence, Enemon Slim is a grain mash with added fruit flakes, dairy products and vitamins and minerals. It can be used as a balanced meal with a specifically determined nutritional composition and can therefore be consumed by pregnant women without any problems.
2. Can breastfeeding mothers consume Enemon Slim?
In essence, Enemon Slim is a grain mash with added fruit flakes, dairy products and vitamins and minerals. It can be used as a balanced meal with a specifically determined nutritional composition and can therefore be consumed by breastfeeding mothers without any problems.
3. I am lactose intolerant. Which products can I consume?
Enemon Slim contains lactose. The basic flavours, which are intended to be prepared with milk and water, contain only 0.3 g of lactose per 100 g, while the two new flavours contain more lactose (see table) due to added powdered milk.
|Quantity of lactose in Enemon Slim products||per 100 g||per meal (60 g)*|
|Apple and carrot||9.6||5.8|
* meal prepared using water or lactose-free milk. If the meal is prepared using regular milk, lactose quantities are correspondingly higher.
4. I have coeliac disease. Which product can I consume?
Enemon Slim and Enemon Diabetes contain wheat flakes or wheat extrudate, which means that the food contains gluten and the products are thus not appropriate for people suffering from coeliac disease.
5. I am a patient on dialysis. Can I consume wheat bran?
In addition to a high protein and dietary fibre content, wheat bran also contains a lot of minerals. The diet of a patient on dialysis should be planned in the sense of regulating the amount of consumed proteins and especially a mineral balance. The content of minerals in the bran (per 100 g of product) is relatively high compared to other foods, so they are not recommended for renal patients. If you are a patient on dialysis that has to consume a limited amount of minerals, we advise you to check the mineral content so you can assess the contribution of minerals consumed with wheat bran to the total daily intake.
6. What is the difference between the old Enemon and Enemon Slim?
Enemon Slim has a new formula and differs from the old one in:
- added wheat extrudate (balls) – modified texture of the product
- added fruit and vegetable flakes – contains fruit and vegetables (contributes to the flavour and aroma of the mash)
- added ground vanilla bean and a higher cocoa content – improved flavour and aroma of the product
- modified vitamin and mineral premix
- the product’s nutritional value has been improved and modified in accordance with the latest nutrient intake recommendations (reference values)
7. What is the difference between the old Diemon and Enemon Diabetes?
- added oat extrudate – modified texture of the product
- added apple powder and ground cinnamon bark – contributes to the flavour and aroma of the mash
- added ground vanilla bean – improved flavour and aroma of the product
- modified vitamin and mineral premix – the product’s nutritional value has been improved and modified in accordance with the latest nutrient intake recommendations (reference values)
- powdered milk has been replaced by milk proteins due to lower milk sugar contents
8. What is the difference between the new Enemon bran and the old wheat bran?
The difference between the old and new wheat bran is in its shape and consequently its solubility. Thermal processing contributes to the digestibility of the present carbohydrates, which are otherwise indigestible, and mostly to the organoleptic characteristics of the product. The most important characteristic of instant wheat bran is its texture, so it can be used as a breakfast cereal, which does not apply to other crude bran available on the market. The solubility of instant bran is another important advantage of the product, since it dissolves nicely in water, milk or yoghurt.